How to care for your laminate flooring
Trent and our Trusted team at Regina's Carpet Superstores have established a strong and loyal customer base through our commitment to excellent customer service. By being part of the powerful buying group that is the Carpet Superstores chain, we are also able to provide quality Regina flooring at unbeatable prices. CARPET SUPERSTORE are a TRUSTED REGINA FLOORING STORE. In this blog, the team gives Trusted tips on how to care for your Laminate Flooring.
CARE & MAINTENANCE Laminate Flooring is extremely hygienic and very easy to look after. Please note the following points in order to maintain it.
1. For everyday cleaning purposes, it is sufficient to vacuum the floor or sweep it with a soft broom.
2. Footmarks and clinging dirt can be readily cleaned off with a damp cloth. However, only use a well wrung out cloth. On no account should you apply a wet cloth to the ooring or “ emerse it in water.”
3. We recommend using a laminate flooring cleaner.
4. More serious contamination and stubborn stains can be easily removed with acetone or other alcohol-containing solvents.
5. We suggest you place door mats at strategic places such as entryway doors from outside, and also that you fit the feet of furniture items with felt gliders. Rolling furniture should be fitted with soft rubber chair castors.
6. In order to avoid severe drying out of Laurentian Laminate Flooring during the heating season, you should ensure that the room temperature does not exceed 20–22 °C and that the relative humidity is constantly around 30-55%. In the interests of maintaining this ideal climate, we recommend the use of an electric air humidifier during the heating season. The formation of gaps in the flooring must be expected in the event of failure to maintain the recommended relative humidity level (particularly during the heating season).
7. Too much moisture will also affect your flooring adversely. If the flooring in your home is an area of high humidity (e.g. basement) or if the environmental humidity is high, your flooring will take on that moisture and expand. To ensure your flooring does not take on too much moisture it is recommended to have a de-humidifier to maintain the environment in the recommended range of 30-55%.